How We Do It
You have set the bar, received the highest remarks and visibility to our leaders today, keep up the good work. Wireless Customer
You don't simply go 370' in the air on your first day. We didn't. We built our way up over the past decade to be one of the most respected companies building, testing, and maintaining at height. Proper planning and execution is the key to a successful project as well as a strategic partner.
In every project we build at Vertical Limit our experience shows. Quality is more than just the finished product, it's in the details and discipline of doing it right the first time. Our people are not only experts in their field, but they take a personal sense of pride in a job well done.
Many companies talk about their safety program. At Vertical Limit safety is not only a priority, but it is a way of life. Our strong commitment to our zero-incidents philosophy extends from the office to the field crew. Every employee has stop-work authority - if it's not safe, don't do it. We take pride in being one of industry leaders in safety.
- Our Safety Program is an all-encompassing program designed to educate employees on the importance of safety on the job
- Dedicated safety team: our industrial-safety experts regularly visit job sites to assess procedures and compliance
- Written and hands-on testing and evaluation: project managers, superintendents, foremen are trained to teach employees safe behavior
- Ongoing hazard assessment: we review safety best practices and measure our adherence to those practices
Our ongoing safety training efforts ensure that our employees are current with the latest techniques and equipment available. A few of the safety certifications held by Vertical Limit's Employees include:
- American Red Cross CPR / 1st Aid
- Fall Protection / Rescue Training
- OSHA 10hr & 30hr Training
- EME / RF Awareness
- Confined Space Entry
- Aerial Lift / Forklift Training
- Commercial Driver Training
- NCCCO Certified Operators
- Certified Hoist Operators
We use a variety of informational sources to stay abreast of the latest safety regulations, training and techniques available to them. Some of our research begins with these links.
Vertical Limit Construction has taken proactive measures to provide quality training to our potential employees and sub-contractors. The commitment of upper management, our operations managers, and safety managers, has created a thorough and intensive multi-day hiring/sub-contractor approval program. The program includes hands on instruction, demonstration, practical application, and classroom lecture. Potential employees and sub-contractors are introduced to potential hazards they may face on a regular basis. Each potential new hire/sub-contractor must demonstrate the skill and knowledge to perform their job before being formally offered a position with the company or attaining "approved" sub-contractor status.
With a new hire orientation and sub-contractor approval process of this nature, new employees and sub-contractors see that safety is of utmost importance and therefor take the training very seriously. It also demonstrates the commitment to safety and the "zero tolerance" policy for unsafe behavior. The implementation of safety related industry programs promote a positive working environment at Vertical Limit Construction.
Below is an overview of the training/approval process that potential employees and sub-contractors are subject to prior to entering employment with Vertical Limit Construction:
- Identification, Inspection, Use, & Care of all Personnel Protective Equipment
- Pre Climb/Tower Climb Inspection
- Tower Climb
- Arial & High Angle Rescue Techniques - Conscious and unconscious victim
- Ropes and Knots
- EME/RF Radiation Safety Awareness Training
- OSHA 10/30 Hour Outreach Safety Training
- First Aid with CPR & AED - Red Cross
Training is conducted for a minimum of one week. Only after the successful completion of it that a formal offer is extended to the potential employee. On average, only the top 15% of candidates will be offered a position with the company. Training subjects include, but are not limited to:
- Capital Safety Competent Climber / High Angle Rescue
- S.P.R.A.T. Rope Access (ENSA)
- O.S.H.A. 10 /30 / 500
- N.C.C.C.O. Crane Operator
- H.T.C. / Crosby Group Rigging
- RT Forklift / Forklift
- American Red Cross CPR / First Aid / AED Adult, Child, Infant
- Confined Space Awareness / Rescue
- RSI RF Awareness & Safety
- D.T.N. Drug Supervisor / Employee
- Trenching / Shoring
- Bloodborne pathogens
- CDL Practical / Written
- Site Safety / Driving / Leadership
- MN-DOT Load Securment / Log Books
- Anritsu Line Sweep Certification
- PIM Certification
- PPC Connectors
- Andrew Connectors / Cable / Actuators / Microwave
- Eupen Cable / Connectors
- Cellflex Cable / Connectors
- RFS Cable / Connectors
- Kathrein Antennas / Actuators
- Commscope Cable / Connectors
- Trilogy Cable / Connectors
- Erico Cadweld Certification
- DragonWave Microwave
- Flash Technology Lighting / Monitoring Systems
- TWR Lighting Systems
- Honeywell Lighting Systems
- Safe Access & Rescue Wind Energy (ENSA)
- NATE Hoist Operator Standards
- Fiber Splicing Systems
- BTS & RBU Commissioning
At Vertical Limit, we aim we'll always be to provide a high standard of work in accordance with the project drawings and documentation on all projects undertaken. To this end, Vertical Limit operates its own quality plan and quality management system with checklists and maintained records of quality and checks.
Our QMS is implemented on all projects regardless of size or complexity and will be subject to regular reviews by senior management in order to ensure its correct operation and effectiveness. These reviews will be based on a program of internal audits which will seek to constantly improve the documented and operational procedures. The Project Manager is the Head of Quality Assurance and is responsible for the implementation of the Quality Management System. Regular training of operatives and technical and supervisory staff takes place, reporting to the Project Manager, to ensure awareness and understanding of quality and its impact on customer service. The requirements of the company's quality system are mandatory and all company personnel have a responsibility and obligation to it.
We aim to provide a professional and ethical service to our clients. In order to demonstrate our intentions, we have identified the following Quality Objectives:
- To maintain an effective Quality Management System.
- Expand our customer base in line with the requirements of our quality management processes
and without compromising our quality.
- To achieve and maintain a level of quality which enhances the Company's reputation with clients.
- To progressively grow our business while maintaining our focus on the quality of our services.
- We will conduct our business in an ethical and professional manner.
- We will endeavor to satisfy our clients' requirements and get things right first time.
- Should we make a mistake, we will admit it and put things right as soon as possible.
- We will analyze customer feedback data, internal performance data, financial performance
data and business performance data to ensure that our Quality Objectives are being met.